This great endeavor, toward which I have striven these many weeks.
Many thanks to:
Alteredbeast, with whom I created the first version of this mod.
soldier312 for having tested a pre release version of SS4Ever Mod.
soldier312, Private Hong O-Bryan, CongoRolfe &Tastypooh for supporting me and giving me the courage to finish this titanic work and of course Ingwio from www.sudden-strike-maps.de for giving me all web space and support to make this mod available. Thank again mate :)
What the mod does :
This mod was made for singleplayer and not for the multiplayer. It will also work with all DLCs : Road to Dunkirk, Finland Winter Storm, Afrika - Desert War & Pacific War.
This mod modifies many game settings, to make SS4 it a little more real and less arcade. In addition, many patterns (vehicles, tanks, guns, infantry soldiers) were modified, based if possible on existing camouflage.
- Permanent corpses, wrecks and parachutes
- Permanent blood
- No health regen
- Sight/shoot distance altered for all units (vehicules, tanks, guns and infantry)
- Damage values (friendly fire, HE, AP & bullets)
- Increased medic cure time
- Increased self repair time
- Increased fortify unit time
- Increased camera zoom/dezoom values
- Increased artillery range
- Increased officer and sniper sights
- No towing mod for kubelvagen/jeep/Ba-20
- Smoke & Fire time
- New loading screens
- New main menu video
- Reworked vehicules/infanty textures
IMPORTANT : When you capture an artillery unit/mg nest, as soon as you enter on it you need to disembark by pressing the "all disembark button" (or the E key). This will unlock all the free spaces that the dead units block.
PS : Disembarking the unit individually will not unlock the vehicle.
How to install and use:
The mod will only work with version 1.15.30080.
Copy the SS4E 1.15.30080 Installer into your Sudden Strike 4 folder and run it there.
Comments, suggestions or even complaints can be posted at www.sudden-strike-maps.de
Last thing, if you want to donate some money for 1-2 beers, here's the link :)
And most of all, HAVE FUN ! :)