rwm7 b4\E "EAST FRONT SUMMER" SCHEMME english

An place for english questions !
Tijn
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von Tijn »

Hi,

A little background info on the corn fields (corn flakes are something entirely different :wink: ) :

In the german forum I've explained some time ago how the illusion of vehicles riding through the cornfield works. The patches are the size of one cell, because this works best for partialy covering the vehicles. Bigger patches won't work, neither will smaller, I've tried it all. For the best visual result, the trick is to place the single corn object exactly within a cell (press F3 in the editor).

Bild

For any issues you find that should be fixed, please be as specific as possible, preferably post some screenshots.

Thanks!
Matttheoz
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von Matttheoz »

@Tijn

Great work mate!

As a theoretical question, would it be possible to add your wheatfields to the ss2 summer scheme without affecting all the existing maps of that scheme?

For example, would it be possible to add them to the end of the vertical objects section (ie- after the wharf sections). By coming last in the order it wouldn't affect the existing objects in existing maps would it?

I know the idea is to use the new scheme (and I definately will once I finish the map I'm on at the moment) but I think such a cool addition could also be valuable to enhance alot of already existing maps and make them feel much more authentic...

Cheers,
Matt
Tijn
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von Tijn »

Hi there,

Yes it would be possible to add them to the current SS summer scheme. It shouldn't affect existing maps if we do so. For the SSF schemes it's not possible unfortunately, because the res files for objects are smaller and don't allow for more objects to be added.

For this scheme I took the SSRW summer scheme, which basically is the same as for SS, only with some extra stuff already in it. I then added my own objects to free slot at the end, and also imported some objects from SSF, trying to keep as many objects in the same slot.

The only section that really differs quite a lot is the free objects, which was done from scratch, so slots are not the same there anymore.

Cheers.
Martijn

Matttheoz hat geschrieben:
Great work mate!

As a theoretical question, would it be possible to add your wheatfields to the ss2 summer scheme without affecting all the existing maps of that scheme?

For example, would it be possible to add them to the end of the vertical objects section (ie- after the wharf sections). By coming last in the order it wouldn't affect the existing objects in existing maps would it?

I know the idea is to use the new scheme (and I definately will once I finish the map I'm on at the moment) but I think such a cool addition could also be valuable to enhance alot of already existing maps and make them feel much more authentic...

Cheers,
Matt
Matttheoz
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von Matttheoz »

Hey cool! Thats brilliant news!! Would that be a possible option for the Finale then? :D

Thanks Tijn for your detailed post. It clarifies alot of the process :wink:

And thanks again for all your hard work!
Lamafarmer

Beitrag von Lamafarmer »

Could we get a bigger patch of wheat though to decrease objects usage?
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

Well after second thoughts or maybe my eyes are getting use to it the wheat doesnt look so bad :)
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

Lamafarmer hat geschrieben:Could we get a bigger patch of wheat though to decrease objects usage?
I think the save load function helps if it isnt possible
Lamafarmer

Beitrag von Lamafarmer »

That's not the problem,

Bild

that is.
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

I see .it takes too many "obects space" I suspected that.Then i agree .
A bigger size or bigger sizes must be built.
Have you seen the Yellow roads yet by the way.I still do not know how to make a seen capture yet to show it .Do I have to press Ctrl+IPMR PANT buttons???.If it is the case mine is not working or I am doing something wrong
Lamafarmer

Beitrag von Lamafarmer »

Press your print button and then paste it into an image editing program like paint and save it. Then upload somewhere like http://imageshack.us or here directly onto the forums.
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

Ta now take a look at 2 things ...the yellow road .Here in the editor map already sticks out compared to the one at the top.In game it is even brighter.
in the minimap look at some of the texture colors by the river ...there suppose to be twigs but they appear white or light blue.
I know it sounds petty but can something be done about it?
Dateianhänge
road
road
road2.jpg (216.72 KiB) 6442 mal betrachtet
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

Here is a ingame capture.Notice the yellow road. Is it there?
About what I said before .there is no shadow projection on the wheatfield.look at the tree in the middle of the field...and compare to others.it makes it a bit unreal
Dateianhänge
Arad
Arad
Arad3.jpg (239.4 KiB) 6460 mal betrachtet
Lamafarmer

Beitrag von Lamafarmer »

Your ingame gamma setting is very high, at least compared to the picture I took ingame: http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/1434/sscr010ev9.jpg

You might also notice that shadows aren't projected on any vehicles, buildings etc. - so my guess is, that it's the engine and not much can be done about it. But I agree, that road is rather bright compared to the rest and should be toned down a little.

Now a suggestion: You got that bogged down SdKfz there; my suggestion is to extend the dirt/puddle a little to the left and right along the street a little.
Also use the wheat field objects on the far right to make the fields less blocky like I did in my picture.
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

It was a quick rendering for the road example :) Yes my gamma is high.I like it like that
Lamafarmer

Beitrag von Lamafarmer »

I think I'd get a headache ;D
Antworten

Zurück zu „English Sudden Strike Forum“