We need Helicopters!?

Forum zum Thema Modding, um dort über "Neue Einheiten", Neue Objekte", "Modding Tools" usw zu diskutieren.
Antworten
JOSS[WildCat]
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel

We need Helicopters!?

Beitrag von JOSS[WildCat] »

In progress two models...
Flettner Fl 282 "Kolibri"
http://www.aviastar.org/helicopters_eng ... olibri.php
Bild

Sikorsky R-4
Bild
https://www.fiddlersgreen.net/models/ai ... ky-R4.html

Work in process...
3D Model but without texture jet...
Bild

May be next add
Bild
Bild
JOSS[WildCat]
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel

Re: We need Helicopters!?

I get another 3d Model with texture.....
Flettner!

Bild
Bild
Herr_today
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von Herr_today »

Joss, I am willing to get involved in modding SSRW again. I have plenty of helicopter models and Max to make and import them.
JOSS[WildCat]
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel

Greetz!
But do U want make modern war mod?
Some models U can find here - http://wwii.ucoz.com/load/high_poly/mod ... d_models/6
(soon more 3d models will be aviliable)
and here - http://3d-wares.com/3d-models/war/war-avia/
Bild
Herr_today
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von Herr_today »

They are excellent. I am going to do some more work on the warzone mod and re-release it. But Im willing to assist in providing some game ready units here for others to use as I go alone.

Its been quite a long time since I put units into ss2 using Max. Have you got any templates max files I can use Joss?
JOSS[WildCat]
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel

Some scenes U can find here - viewtopic.php?f=84&t=8192&p=67238&hilit=scene#p67238
Actually I think you can use many units from blitzkrieg modern mods...
There are Tank v.2.0d tool what convert any blitzkrieg model in .obj...
Then import it in 3d MAX SS2 scene... viewtopic.php?f=84&t=8313&p=67185&hilit=scene#p67185

It is from Caribean Crisis...

Bild

Black Eagle
Bild
Bild
Herr_today
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von Herr_today »

JOSS. I;ve been out of the loop for so long I cant remember how to make the rotor blades transparent. I can make them transparent in MAX but getting them transparent in the game just ends up with them shades of pink. Can you explain step by step how to go from MAX to the game making aircraft with transparent rotors?
JOSS[WildCat]
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel

The game "understand" white like solid, black like transparent, 50% grey like semi-transparent...
Bild
Herr_today
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von Herr_today »

Whenever I create the sprite in Max the semi transparent grey produces purple like colours in the bitmaps. I want them to be transparent for the engines but not show the purple background through the rotors.

For instance, I make a model of a bomber and produce in Max 64 bmp with the bombers rotors turning. If I make the material transparent they appear in the bmp as faded purple, I can see the purple background. When I apply a palette the rotors of course disappear entirely. I remember there was something to do with making the file tga, tif or png or something. I cannot remember how.

So how do I set up max to have rotors see through without the background showing up in them.
JOSS[WildCat]
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel

What programs do U use for packing units?

Let wait a pair of days i send you example of improved helicopter what never was in SS2 serie games...
I mean not a unit or a model but method of it creation and realisation... For WW2 it not so means but in post-war mods will be wonder...
It`s not for public - only for You! But then... when You make the Mod allbody understood what i mean about...
Bild
Herr_today
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von Herr_today »

Thanks Joss, that would be very helpful. I have not started packing the unit yet but would use sust_pck03en.

The difficulty at the moment is producing the bitmaps. I create a unit and use the environment purple 255,0,255 background. I then create a material and set it to 40percent transparent and apply it to the rotors. The aircraft can be seen through the rotors and that is fine. The trouble is through the rest of the rotors can be seen the purple background so when I apply a palette to the bitmaps that part of the rotor disappears where it needs to be solid 128,128,128.
Herr_today
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von Herr_today »

Joss, or anyone, I'm ready to put a B26 into the game but need to know how to do transparent rotors, can anyone help?
Packard
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von Packard »

Herr_Today, the problem with the pink pixels comes from the fact, that most professionell programs change the value of the pink (255,0,255) to different values for different pixels to get an artificial effect. But when the values not exact anymore it appears as pink, not transparent. Even when you floodfill with the exact color each pixel has a slightly different value. Try Windows Paint. Its to primitive to alter the pixels. HTH.
Herr_today
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von Herr_today »

Thanks but thats not the issue. I'll explain a bit better.

I take a 3d unit as described in the Max tutorial by j_leonard (ironic that I worked on those early tutorials with him...!)

3d unit with background set to 255,0.255. The rotors are set to semi transparent so that the aircraft can be seen through the rotors, however now the background is semi seen through the rotors so that when they are produced in bitmap form the rotors that are semi purple disappear when the palette is applied. I need to be able to set the rotors to be semi transparent to the 3d model but to remain grey for the background purple. Then when the palette is applied it will turn the background to 255,0,255 only but will not change the rotors. I can then set the rotor 128,128,128 to be semi transparent in pck explorer.

Or is there another way to create aircraft rotors?
Antworten

Zurück zu „Alles zum Thema Modding“