RWM 6.7 FINAL released!

An place for english questions !
Wittmann089
Beitrag von Wittmann089 »

When new RWM 6.72 will be ready?? Also I am woundering if it have new MS and editor?? :roll:
-Barbarossa-
* SSM - General * (Administrator)

Beitrag von -Barbarossa- »

Hi Wittman:
Its not easy to say when its done - there are still some things we are working on and then there will be a short test-period. The players have to accept that modders of a free mod hardly ever can talk about a fix release date or period.
About MMS and editor, there wont be a new editor, we are not able to programm one but of course there will be small scheme-updates like some added stuff to the eastfron-scheme and a updated RWM-winter-scheme.

A new MMS version was planned but Sardaukar seems very busy at the moment - so I cant promise anything in this case.
Das Leben ist kein Frankreichfeldzug.
RWM auf Twitter folgen! https://twitter.com/RWM_Barbarossa
Kettenkrandfan

Beitrag von Kettenkrandfan »

I have a question regarding the editor and the new units in RWM 6.7. When using the Edit 3 or rwm 6.5 editors only the old/original units show up. How do you make the new 6.7 units show up in the editor so we can make a map with the new units? Thanks. (My first post here.)
Last Soldier
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Beitrag von Last Soldier »

choose RWM in switcher and click to "map edit"
Footage from the frontline on Youtube!
Kettenkrandfan

Beitrag von Kettenkrandfan »

Thanks, LastSoldier, but I've done that (many times) and the only thing I get is the same editor that came with SUST2! Only the original units appear. Nothing from RWM6.7. I've also gone to the files, found the RWM6.5.exe file that is part of RWM 6.7. Same result! Maybe you're doing something I don't know about??? BTW, I've also re-installed several times with no effect. Same thing. I can't get the new units to show up no matter what.
Last Soldier
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Beitrag von Last Soldier »

Hmm, maybe can help "fix config" in switcher and choose RWM. Anyway switcher must change configuration and editor after load right RWM files.
Footage from the frontline on Youtube!
Suka
Obergefreiter
Obergefreiter

Beitrag von Suka »

why the hummel and brumbär are still that ugly dark gray but in reality they had much brighter paintjobs i think
-Barbarossa-

We have no new models or skins yet. But sure we can put them on the list but no chance for next update I guess.
Suka
Obergefreiter
Obergefreiter

Beitrag von Suka »

one more thing i think the towed nebelwerfer should be made movable by inf, it was light enough.
and btw can u explain barb how was calculated gun damage for big caliber tanks like su122 and stuh42 or did u take into account only HE effects.
-Barbarossa-

Yes, I can make the Nebelwerfer 41 able to be moved by its crew.

About the SU-122 and StuH 42 - well I cheated a bit! :shock:
RWM tries to simulate for both assault-guns 2 types of shells even the SuSt-engine cant handle this. So if they hit a tank the damage of a HEAT-shell is "simulated" - if they hit the ground or soft-targets like infantry, trucks and guns the damage of a HE-shell is simulated.
I know that these assault-guns rarely had HEAT-ammunition but in view of the reduced gun-range (normal 75mm medium range) this solution seems pretty ok for me in case of historical approached correctness.
Suka
Obergefreiter
Obergefreiter

Beitrag von Suka »

ok thx for quick response but what really confusing me still is that it appeares most of these heavy caliber spgs had also ap rounds and why fe isu122 has better and longer range gun then su122, is it all cos of improved ammo..?
another related thing is that compared to su122 stuh42 seems really underpowered and useless vs tanks in rwm but what was the reason germans made over 1000 pieces then heh
-Barbarossa-

Ermh.... SU-122 has a short barreld howitzer in comparison with the long barreled IS-122 tank-gun wich is nearly the same as IS-2 tank-gun...well there u see u cant compare these two guns.
Suka
Obergefreiter
Obergefreiter

Beitrag von Suka »

but stuh 42 barrel seems longer then su122 so they should be more equal and both had special ap ammo even?
also i think tigers gun should be made little better
-Barbarossa-

Mabye you have noticed that there are two SU-122. One is a normal tank-hunter which only shoots HEAT-shells (so many HEAT-shells is kind of unrealistic I know). The other one, the assault-gun, is the counterpart to the StuH 42 and the Sherman(105). All three have comparable gun-values.
They shoot a mixture of HE and HEAT shells as described before. I think it is proven that none of them had a permanent high number of HEAT-shells in combat. So to try to approach the real combat-value in comparison to all other tanks and SPGs I made the damage against tanks medium. It is proven again that the StuH 42 was not as good in anti-tank-combat as the StuG III version with 75mm L/48.
The disturbing part is here of course the overpowerded SU-122 tank-hunter but I think this unit matches very good in the russian RWM troops and I dont want to miss it nor have it with reduced power.

About the 88mm L/56 - the Tiger-gun is nearly as good as the Panther-gun. If I increase the power of one gun I have to increase the other too or maybe all other guns.
Suka
Obergefreiter
Obergefreiter

Beitrag von Suka »

ok good points again so i guess if u have better sources leave it as is. just last spg thing: why in game su152 and isu152 have different range and firepower but their guns was same type or which one is the more historical type then?
Antworten

Zurück zu „English Sudden Strike Forum“