RWM NEWBIE-GUIDE

An place for english questions !
Gojira
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

RWM NEWBIE-GUIDE

Beitrag von Gojira »

RWM-NEWBIE-GUIDE

------------------------------a few introductory words--------------------------

RWM HAS IT’S OWN GAMEPLAY. RWM IS NOT SUDDEN STRIKE 2. RWM IS A NEW GAME:

This guide shall give you an introduction into the multiplayer part of RWM and it shall minimize the frustration you possibly have as newbie AND also as experienced player.
I’m half of a beginner too but that can be also an advantage.

The multiplayer-gameplay has a rather high level. At least you should learn the basics of the game in the singleplayer part before you dare to enter the arena. Someone who can’t distuinguish between a Panther and a Churchill should continue practicing.
If you feel yourself reminded of politicians or cats of prey you should uninstall Sudden Strike and everything that belongs to it immediately. Wink
No science-fiction here…

If you like Sudden Strike, regardless which part of the series, you will see what’s really possible with RWM installed on top of Sudden Strike 2! I’m speaking of one of the most exciting and haunting game-experiences ever of my 17year gaming career. Adrenaline, satisfaction, panic, revenge, deceitfulness, surprise and enjoyment will no longer be unknown – if you give the game a chance.

You will be really proud if an experienced player says: “You played really well.â€
pTah
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel
Beitrag von pTah »

i hope this will bring some more life into this english part of the board... :)
and of course into rwm!
grüße Stephan

Bild
adrian
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Beitrag von adrian »

Nice work gojira !but i see that few players readed ! guide its ok u need to complete with some tactics and all will be ok:Even now i see players who rush and lose all in 15 min and quite;then they say WOW i am good:PPPP
Gojira
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Beitrag von Gojira »

Thank you Adrian! The guide will be updated permanently and screenshots will be added too. Unfortunately there´s hardly time for it at the moment :(
Thanks for your motivating post and please be a vital part of this board! You´re a very experienced player and your oppinion is valuable for the board!
Kind regards,
Gojira

:P
Roy
Oberst
Oberst

Beitrag von Roy »

Very slimy in here :P
pTah
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel
Beitrag von pTah »

Roy hat geschrieben:Very slimy in here :P
lol,
that way we won't get new members.^^
so, come on. be slimy and make some advertising for our english part of the forum. :D ;)
grüße Stephan

Bild
toujours

Beitrag von toujours »

imho the hardest thing about RWM isn't playing the game, it's actually getting onto a server in the first place.

Example : Whats all that multiplayer feggotry about needing to have your ping show up ? I mean wtf ? This afternoon viriato and his cronies got all worked up coz I didn't have a ping. So they banned me. :roll:
Roy
Oberst
Oberst

Beitrag von Roy »

When your ping to another player is missing, you two will have constantly a flimmering drop-window from the other player. You cant play a normal game under this condition. Thats because its very important that you have ping to all players, if not, configurate your router/firewall.
Gojira
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Beitrag von Gojira »

Yep. To play the game everybody needs a ping to each other. If this problem occurs again, try to rejoin- this helps sometimes. If not, please the other player to rejoin, sometimes this way you get a ping... sometimes not :(
What might help too: reboot of your PC.

Kind regards,
Gojira
toujours

Beitrag von toujours »

Thanks for the reply !

Of course now comes the next question : what do I need to set up on my router ? I already have the following ports opened :

UDP and TCP :

2300-2400
28800-28900

Or would it rather be because I use Zone Alarm ?
Gojira
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Beitrag von Gojira »

TCP 3389/3389
TCP 28800/28800
TCP 6073/6073
TCP 2300/2300
TCP 47624/47624
UDP 47624/47624
UDP 1900/1900
UDP 2350/2350

and for hosting a game: TCP1337 /UDP 1337

Please open these ports. But the possibility not to get a ping is always existant... Me too, there´s sometimes no possibility to get a ping to a certain player....

Greetz,
Gojira
Lamafarmer

Beitrag von Lamafarmer »

Gojira hat geschrieben:Me too, there´s sometimes no possibility to get a ping to a certain player....
And that's why I think it was a problem on viriato's side. Dunno though. I never had problems with the llama (toujours) really.
pTah
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel
Beitrag von pTah »

also try if theres an option for that to active upnp traffic...

btw. try to discuss this in an extra thread. :)
grüße Stephan

Bild
Gojira
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Beitrag von Gojira »

Hi folks, at the moment I have hardly time to make the promised screenshots for the guide.... Are there any volunteers that would like to make some fitting screenshots for the guide? Maybe some scenes can be made by help of the editor ( a good defense line, a good attack....). My internet connection often sucks and especially uploading pictures to an image hoster often sucks...
Any supporters would be kindly appreciated ^^ THX
pTah
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel
Beitrag von pTah »

Gojira hat geschrieben:Hi folks, at the moment I have hardly time to make the promised screenshots for the guide.... Are there any volunteers that would like to make some fitting screenshots for the guide? Maybe some scenes can be made by help of the editor ( a good defense line, a good attack....). My internet connection often sucks and especially uploading pictures to an image hoster often sucks...
Any supporters would be kindly appreciated ^^ THX
yeah, come on guys! praticipate and help to make this great guide even better! :)
grüße Stephan

Bild
Antworten

Zurück zu „English Sudden Strike Forum“