Moderator: zarathustra

Antworten
Boli
Fahnenjunker
Fahnenjunker

Features of recon abilities in RWG Mod

Beitrag von Boli »

Hello Zarathustra,
I would like to talk about the recon skills of officers with binoculars. I have only two things to complain about. I don`t really like the fact that enemy units that are discovered in open flat ground are anyways disapearing into darkness every 5 seconds. Also when you identify enemies in a house and after the binocular is loosing the sight on it the identified enemies are no more identified and the house looks like one beeing empty. You know when a tank disapears between houses, into a bush or forest area I can understand it clearly but in open flat ground loosing the sight on an enemy tank every 4 seconds is not logical to me. I can understand it in a game like Steel Division 2 were you have slots and hights and bush land in a 3D kind, but in Sudden Strike this is not the case because its aonly in 2D.
I could understand when enemy units would explode fog around them to hide and retreat from an enemy shooting at them. I could understand it when infantry lays down on the ground getting this light on and off result because infantry on the ground could in fact hide better than running infantry without cover. I could understand that sniper units would have higher skills of beeing camouflaged and hidden from view.
At least could you think about making the recon view time about 4 times longer than now because for example a tank in full sight of a binocular is almost impossible to get out of sight as long it is in the sight range and field of the binocular. Without fog or other covering conditions it would be almost impossible to get out of line of sight.

And the second thing belonging to the same topic .... it would be nice having all officers of all ranks beeing able to lay down on the ground for better survival ability when under fire.

Maybe you could think about it? :)

Bye Boli
zarathustra
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier
Re: Features of recon abilities in RWG Mod

Beitrag von zarathustra »

According to binoculars: this issue was discussed first at the team level, then we did a survey among the players. The debates were very heated and the parties gave many arguments “For” and “Cons”. It is neither possible nor meaningful to list everything here. So I’ll just say: why did you decide to go with this option?
1. It's still a game. Many years ago we had a very interesting topic on the portal - “Realism versus playability”.
2. The main argument in favor of this decision: “blocking” the cheat as a fact. Now you simply cannot use an officer as a spotter to shoot the enemy. At the same time, it allows for reconnaissance.
This parameter WILL NOT change.

Regarding officers: it was our team, many years ago, that was the first to redo the graphics for officers so that they could lie down. At the moment, all officers (except for generals, who are not entitled to this position by status) can go to bed.
If suddenly we missed someone - write, we will correct it. :wink:
Bild

Приумножая познания, приумножаешь и скорбь
Antworten

Zurück zu „Real Wargame -Truth of War“