SS3 Modding: Tutorial 1. Programs.

Modding, Map Editor und Scripte.
AWM53
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Re: SS3 Modding: Tutorial 1. Programs.

Beitrag von AWM53 »

Herr_today hat geschrieben:You don't. I'll be keeping everything ticking over and running in this forum, but the Mod Database allows me to post videos and images and eventually load up the mod or its early demo version. Also ModDB might get a bit of help and raise some interest.
Understood.
AWM53
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Beitrag von AWM53 »

Herr_today hat geschrieben:There are certain limitations to the game, as I am discovering.

Ships do not have anti aircraft capability (this can be sorted to an extent by making custom anti aircraft units into ship objects. They will only have an AA capability with missiles).

Aircraft do not dog-fight, so interceptors do not intercept other air units. No workaround for this.
I don't want to seem negative, but that's what people have been telling me---this game is poor for modding. In the end one is going to have to make a great effort to mod with so little results. If things are going to be like that, rather concentrate in modding SSII. And by the way, what about extracting stuff from SS3 into SSII?
Herr_today
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von Herr_today »

Unfortunately it cant be reversed, from SS3 to SS2 as the tools only work one way. These are the only two limitations I have come across. Who knows, with some modding effort it might be changed (someone might know how to get planes to attack each other). On the plus side landing ships, aircraft carriers, improved graphics and so on do take it beyond the original games that are becoming very tired looking and heavily modded. I'm going to do a test today of making a ship model that is put into the game as an anti aircraft model to see if DONE AND IT WORKS BEAUTIFULLY!!

a) it works ok and missiles engage air targets.
b) more than one turret can be added to that type of unit.

The aa would be entirely automatic anyway so it would only need one more turret to be a 4.5 inch gun etc.

The air to air might be beyond the game, unless someone can tell me otherwise and I would appreciate that help if anyone knows anything about this. But air to air was only every a very small part of any game and to be honest it did look a bit rubbish in SS2/RW so its a sacrifice, but not a huge one.

The ship AA works better than I had hoped. This opens up a lot of possibilities such as AA cruisers, frigates, destroyers and even off shore missile ships.
AWM53
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Beitrag von AWM53 »

Herr_today hat geschrieben:Unfortunately it cant be reversed, from SS3 to SS2 as the tools only work one way. These are the only two limitations I have come across. Who knows, with some modding effort it might be changed (someone might know how to get planes to attack each other). On the plus side landing ships, aircraft carriers, improved graphics and so on do take it beyond the original games that are becoming very tired looking and heavily modded. I'm going to do a test today of making a ship model that is put into the game as an anti aircraft model to see if DONE AND IT WORKS BEAUTIFULLY!!

a) it works ok and missiles engage air targets.
b) more than one turret can be added to that type of unit.

The aa would be entirely automatic anyway so it would only need one more turret to be a 4.5 inch gun etc.

The air to air might be beyond the game, unless someone can tell me otherwise and I would appreciate that help if anyone knows anything about this. But air to air was only every a very small part of any game and to be honest it did look a bit rubbish in SS2/RW so its a sacrifice, but not a huge one.

The ship AA works better than I had hoped. This opens up a lot of possibilities such as AA cruisers, frigates, destroyers and even off shore missile ships.
You have been silent for a while. What is happening?
I see you made one tutorial for SS3 regarding blend.
Are you going to make tutorials for SSII?
Are you still modding?
Schtilmar

Beitrag von Schtilmar »

Hi

Please tell me
I want to make my own model but I can't understand original SS3 model scale you couldn't send any ready model in the 3D max format or direct.x for determination of model scale for the game SS3?
tnx
hans302
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von hans302 »

Schtilmar hat geschrieben:Hi

Please tell me
I want to make my own model but I can't understand original SS3 model scale you couldn't send any ready model in the 3D max format or direct.x for determination of model scale for the game SS3?
tnx

so did you find the method
Herr_today
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von Herr_today »

If you need help getting models into the game and scaled models etc just let me know.
malina
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von malina »

Could you tell me how to configure invalid model unit. Strange these tools
Dateianhänge
Безымянный.png
Безымянный.png (31.22 KiB) 12921 mal betrachtet
Herr_today
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von Herr_today »

Heres my tutorial on creating scratch models from Blender. Hopefully this will still be useful.
Dateianhänge
Tutorial 1 Tank.doc
(1.33 MiB) 521-mal heruntergeladen
hhaarrdepsingh

Beitrag von hhaarrdepsingh »

Where i found object Editor ,please tell me or give me a working link.I have Map Editor ,Desc Edtor of Sudden Strike 3 Arms for victory.
but i have not Object Editor .
hhaarrdepsingh

If anyone there To help me in Object Editor SS3
Casquebleu
Fähnrich
Fähnrich

Beitrag von Casquebleu »

What do you want to do with it ?
hhaarrdepsingh

I am so excited to learn how object , Dsc and Mad editor work. if you can help me, then please help me to learn how i can use these editors.
i have all 3 editors , Total Commander and Blender.

i have some skills of how to use Map editor but not both Object and Desc Editor.
i want to create new models and missions of ss3.

Becaue i do not like Suddens strike 4. Men of war,Forces of war etc other games are better then SS4.
i like ss2, ss3 all games , i thought Sudden Strike 4 would good as SS3 but it was not good.

So i want new missions and moddels. i also want to make a pdf file how to use these editors for ss3 game lovers.
Becaue on internet , there is not even a little bit information about these editors.

I will check your reply every day . i forgot my password so i could not enter this site now i found my paper on which i wrote my user name and password. That is way i delyed to reply.

Please help me .
hhaarrdepsingh

if anyone here please help
Casquebleu
Fähnrich
Fähnrich

Beitrag von Casquebleu »

You can use this russian tutorial that explains how to import models in SS3 Editor. I did'nt put it yet on this site so use this link :

https://mega.nz/#!qJ4SkRTC!wibMcAgNj8EF ... LK7TEOL2y4

Use google to translate it into english
Antworten

Zurück zu „Sudden Strike 3 Modding und Map Editor“