Hello I made a large Kursk Map and Mission for RWG

SS RW Standalone Mod.

Moderator: zarathustra

Antworten
Dark11

Hello I made a large Kursk Map and Mission for RWG

Beitrag von Dark11 »

New to the Forum, and love the mod!
I made a 512 x 512 Map and Mission for RWG over the Battle of Kursk.
Let me know what you think!
I still have to remove some inaccurate vehicles such as Heitzer and Jagdpanther.
But other then that its a fun large mission!
TY
Let me know what you think.

https://www.sudden-strike-maps.de/index ... -by-dark11
zarathustra
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier
Re: Hello I made a large Kursk Map and Mission for RWG

Beitrag von zarathustra »

I posted your message and map on our forum and posted a link to the post here.
We will definitely test your mission. I am sure that players will write their reviews, comments and wishes.
Thanks for the work!
Bild

Приумножая познания, приумножаешь и скорбь
Boli
Fahnenjunker
Fahnenjunker

Beitrag von Boli »

I also wanted to start a Map to build but the Editor did not work "normal". Did not open in full screen and other problems that made it impossible to work with.
zarathustra
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

No Sudden Strike series editor will open in full screen! You have to understand that the game is over 20 years old. Even if you expand the window to full screen, the work area will not become larger.
What are other problems?
Bild

Boli
Fahnenjunker
Fahnenjunker

Beitrag von Boli »

Hello Zarathustra,

the first and main problem is that with the opening of the editor the screen resolution changes to 1024 x 768 and the editor window is not in full screen. The other problems I have to find out again because its a while ago and I already reinstalled it for now.
I will answer next time.

Greets Boli
zarathustra
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Once again: the game is more than 20 years old and at the time of its creation 1024x768 was the maximum resolution! Game dlls do not support other (larger format) resolutions. And nothing can be done about it - there are no sources and creating a DLL from scratch with support for other formats is an incredibly difficult problem.
It is not clear why your screen resolution changes upon startup. View the shortcut properties and configure. It MAKES NO SENSE to launch the editor in full screen mode - anyway, the working area of the editor will be limited by the library parameters - that is, a maximum of 1024x768

PC show me at least one mod (or the original game in the series, where the editor works in full screen at other resolutions.
Bild

Boli
Fahnenjunker
Fahnenjunker

Beitrag von Boli »

Hmmm, I guess you don`t understand me. I will put in 2 different Screenshots to show the difference. BOTH screenshots are showing the FULL screen ok yes. Just that there is no misunderstanding.
First example, from opening RWG Editor (do you see how oversized the symbols on the taskbar are?):
RWG Editor
RWG Editor
Screenshot 2024-03-10 180309.jpg (67.35 KiB) 562 mal betrachtet
Second example RWM 8.5 Editor (absolutely normal as NORMAL):
RWM 8.5 Editor
RWM 8.5 Editor
Screenshot 2024-03-10 180514.jpg (174.44 KiB) 562 mal betrachtet
So sorry but there is in fact an obvious difference. You can imagine that it is very uncomfortable to work with an editor that shows everything oversized?
zarathustra
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Nun ist es klar.
Wenn Sie den Editor starten, ändert sich Ihr Monitormodus (Auflösung) – das sollte nicht passieren. Mit dem Editor stellt dies kein Problem dar: Schauen Sie sich die Eigenschaften der Verknüpfung an, über die der Editor gestartet wird (oder umgekehrt – wenn er nicht vorhanden ist). Versuchen Sie, mit den Kompatibilitäts-/Startmodi zu „spielen“.
Dies ist das erste Mal, dass ich auf ein solches Verhalten stoße.
Bild

Boli
Fahnenjunker
Fahnenjunker

Beitrag von Boli »

Hello Zarathustra,

first thanks for the advice. I found the problem ... not by running the combatibility mode. This did not solve the problem but then I was looking into the features of RWG Editor and under combatibility I found the "mistake". There was a hook set into "open editor with 640 x 480 screen resolution". So I guess you can understand it that simply couldn`t work with the editor that way- I only ask myself why this option is almost existing. Makes no sense, and why it was activated from the beginning after installation.
I will now try to work on my new map mission. And I will open a new topic that is about sight distance etc.
zarathustra
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Glad you solved the problem. :wink:
Bild

Boli
Fahnenjunker
Fahnenjunker

Beitrag von Boli »

Hi Zarathustra,

I tried to work on with the RWG Editor but unfortunately I found out the main reason why I couldn`t progress. The skripting does not work. When I write a skript and I want to leave it with ok to go on for another skript the skript window does not close and take the skript. The installation is from the newest version0.91. I could maybe try to install 0.9 older version and look if there is no problem with it. Will try it out.

Greets Boli
zarathustra
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

DO NOT install another version!
All scripts work and the editor too. The problem is obviously that you have not met the conditions of the script.
It is also possible that the editor does not have rights to write the script to the directory (although I have not encountered this yet). It’s easy to check: just save a new (any, maybe empty) card.

PS I understand that some errors are possible. But there is no need to look for them out of the blue. Just think: almost three years have passed since the release and no one has complained about the editor’s performance before you. Could it be something else?
Bild

Antworten

Zurück zu „Real Wargame -Truth of War“