RWM with Vista

An place for english questions !
|FrEaK|Safran
Major
Major
RWM with Vista

Beitrag von |FrEaK|Safran »

For all Vista Versions beginning with Basic to Ultimate, no matter if x86 (32bit) or x64 (64bit):

1. delete your old Sudden Strike Copy (only if possible, recommended)
2. install Sudden Strike
3. make a backup of your "game_exe.exe"
4. patch Sudden Strike to Versions 1.9-2.0 & 2.0-2.2 (when needed)
5. install RWM 6.7 Final
6. install RWM 6.71 Bugfix
7. replace the new game_exe.exe with your old one (the backup) (do not replace the RWM.exe!)
8. set game_exe.exe and the MultiModSwitcher.exe to start with Compatibility Mode "Windows NT4"
9. start the MMS once with administrative rights and press the "Fix Config"-button
10. choose RWM
11. close MMS
12. The registry needs to be changed when using the x64 version of Vista, in order to expierience ingame sounds

Registryhack for working sound:
It's recommended that you are creating a system restore point (I don't know the english name for it, but I try to translate them, corrections are welcome :wink:) before starting an operation like this. No one has experienced problems yet, but only in case something goes wrong we are on the safe side.

You can create a restore point when following a path like this one:
START\Alle Programme\Wartung\Sichern und Wiederherstellen\
START\All Programs\Maintenance(?)\Secure and Restore(?)\

The editing goes easier than thought:
1. press your START-Button type "regedit" into your "search field"
2. Follow this path (Should be the same, though.): HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\Audio\PolicyConfig\PropertyStore\
3. Delete the whole content of the folder (PropertyStore).

If there are occuring any problems with RWM or other programs, you can make use of your restore point.

Known problems:

Vista/Win7 x64:
-Game crashes when pressing "Back to Windows" (type: btw)
-game tends to crash from time to time after finishing a game, while loading the scores(type: btw)
-sometimes Vista is unable to use the CD/DVD/BR disk drive in compatability mode and will keep asking for a CD. Download this genuine executable and substitute the old one: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=E ... SU_GElQcdY

Windows 8:
- Real Warfare Mod is only supported for Version 8.0 Beta1 or higher, as the needed compatability modes are missing

If you find mistakes (I'm sure you will :D) or have improvements, tell me!
Safran

(Kann ein Mod das hier auf "Wichtig" stellen? Ich find die Option iwie nicht mehr Oo)
Zuletzt geändert von |FrEaK|Safran am 11.11.2012, 14:17, insgesamt 3-mal geändert.
Nix Signatur, wir haben Weltwirtschaftskrise, da wird an ALLEM gespart, egal wie unsinnig es auch ist ;P
-Barbarossa-
* SSM - General * (Administrator)
* SSM - General * (Administrator)

Beitrag von -Barbarossa- »

Kann ein Mod das hier auf "Wichtig" stellen? Ich find die Option iwie nicht mehr
Jo klar - und vielen Dank für diesen wichtigen Beitrag!
Das Leben ist kein Frankreichfeldzug.
RWM auf Twitter folgen! https://twitter.com/RWM_Barbarossa
|FrEaK|Safran
Major
Major

Ist mir nach ein paar Wochen aufgefallen, dass eine Übersetzung doch angebracht wäre :mrgreen:
Nix Signatur, wir haben Weltwirtschaftskrise, da wird an ALLEM gespart, egal wie unsinnig es auch ist ;P
Snaken

Beitrag von Snaken »

hi, I have a problem with the editor, when I select in the menu New Mission -> Generate as multiplayer mission... the editor is closed!! :? Is strange cause before it worked without problems, any help?

PD: my english is not so good, sorry :lol:
|FrEaK|Safran
Major
Major

I don't have a clue :roll:
Compiling Single Missions is working?
Last Soldier
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Re: RWM with Vista

Beitrag von Last Soldier »

+- same for Windows 7, all works
Footage from the frontline on Youtube!
Last Soldier
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Beitrag von Last Soldier »

if found one big problem (W7 64bit), some MP games are too laggy if sounds are on (1 FPS if scrolling etc), e.g. map Ukraine is unplayable i must play it without sound effect (voices on)
Footage from the frontline on Youtube!
talcum9

Beitrag von talcum9 »

Don't want to sound stupid, but I've tried following the method for Vista and once I click on 'fick-config' in the multimodswitcher, it tells me it will try to return to default configs?!!!

help please?! what now?!
WinterHammer

Beitrag von WinterHammer »

Hello.. sometimes while playing the game crashes and closes.. it appears a box saying Windows is looking for a solution or something.. is there any way you might know to fix this? seems to be happening constantly not always but it's very annoying..
talcum9

Beitrag von talcum9 »

same here! although its happening constantly! i don't know whether i have installed it wrong or not!!!!!
MICKEY
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von MICKEY »

ok thank you
Boli
Fahnenjunker
Fahnenjunker

Beitrag von Boli »

Servus Leute,

Also ich bekomme RWM auch nicht unter Windows 7 zum laufen. Entweder stürzt das Programm ab beim Laden von Missionen oder der SSM macht Probleme und es steht nach Fehlermeldungen keine Spielversion mehr zur Auswahl.
Den Sound konnte ich in beschriebener Form über Regedit löschen. Vorübergehend wenigstens. Das Problem ist, das der Ordner "Property Store" nach jedem Neustart wieder hergestellt war und deswegen das Soundproblem wieder aufgetaucht ist. Ich habe jetzt mal Regedit als Administrator geöffnet. Bin mal gespannt ob es wieder so ist wenn ich einen Neustart vornehme.
:?
-zero-

Beitrag von -zero- »

Hab das selbe Problem, allerdings nur aufm Laptop komischer weise..
chernodroben

Beitrag von chernodroben »

Hi guys,

My problem is that once I run the game, it is always a small screen in the middle of the display, never fullscreen. I cannot of course select more than 1024x768.

Is there some solution to this issue or not? My screen's default it 1680x1050

10x
McJakub

Beitrag von McJakub »

Hi, I am new here. I really like RMW mod but I dont know if this mod and SS2 works on windows 7. I install the mod but when I open the game I only hear the sound, the scree does not change. Sreen change but they are strips from first frame and they are not change. If I taka a printscreen from game on pic they are not strips.
Please help me.
Antworten

Zurück zu „English Sudden Strike Forum“