An Old Tool for SuSt Forever

An place for english questions !
Antworten
Register1027

An Old Tool for SuSt Forever

Beitrag von Register1027 »

Hi everyone, I'm a nerd for SS Forever and I made several maps. However, SS forever map editor doesn't have a bitmap-output function, I have to use other means to get the map overview. It's way too tiring to take dozens of screenshots and put them together. But I found a very old website offering some invalid resources.
http://shadock.chez-alice.fr/sudden_tools.htm
In the middle, it presents a tool named SuStED for SuSt Forever, drscribing an editor which can automatically produce a bitmap of the overall map. The size or speee of the bitmap aren't important, I just want to ask if anyone has this editor since it's no way finding it elsewhere (trying very hard on Google but failed). I would be very appreciated if anyone can offer help. Thanks!
evilnomis

Re: An Old Tool for SuSt Forever

Beitrag von evilnomis »

Hello

I tryied to looking for the files on several search engines and that where displayed as info and all links for them are dead and the same for the sites shadock (eng) and stragicgames.de. And I see what you mean about the old files that where once available to download from the websites (websites domain is up for sale and all files gone god knows where). I also remeber countless places to download from fans all over europe (mostly) maps and missions and modding tools and readmes for mostly the fist two games one of my favorites was released was The War office map packs which was on the old Pc Gamer CD/DVDs (who all remember that). Someone must have made collections of these files it would be a real shame if no-one did or will coz everyone im sure even me keep thinking that all these websites will all ways be there and look what happened to filefront and gamefront someone deleted half the database on the guy who matains it what sort of a person who would do that and how i know that is because i ask him. i just hope ALL FILES WILL BE BACK AND UPLOADED so if anybody has files of any kind upload not just to that website but upload to any site and to www.Sudden-Strike-Maps.de (as steam is crap for THE SUDDEN STRIKE SERIES only 2 maps playible for SS4 nothing for the other ss games i think thats very poor and not good.

evilnomis
Register1027

Beitrag von Register1027 »

evilnomis hat geschrieben: 21.09.2017, 03:13 Hello

I tryied to looking for the files on several search engines and that where displayed as info and all links for them are dead and the same for the sites shadock (eng) and stragicgames.de. And I see what you mean about the old files that where once available to download from the websites (websites domain is up for sale and all files gone god knows where). I also remeber countless places to download from fans all over europe (mostly) maps and missions and modding tools and readmes for mostly the fist two games one of my favorites was released was The War office map packs which was on the old Pc Gamer CD/DVDs (who all remember that). Someone must have made collections of these files it would be a real shame if no-one did or will coz everyone im sure even me keep thinking that all these websites will all ways be there and look what happened to filefront and gamefront someone deleted half the database on the guy who matains it what sort of a person who would do that and how i know that is because i ask him. i just hope ALL FILES WILL BE BACK AND UPLOADED so if anybody has files of any kind upload not just to that website but upload to any site and to www.Sudden-Strike-Maps.de (as steam is crap for THE SUDDEN STRIKE SERIES only 2 maps playible for SS4 nothing for the other ss games i think thats very poor and not good.

evilnomis
Yeah, I get what you mean. It is really a PITY if those archives are lost. Nevertheless, we can't blame on websites too much. After all, Suddrn Strike Forever is such an old game. But it's also very classical and worth remembering. The golden age for SSF was the first decade of 21st centuary. Back then, I was way too young to mean the significance of these tools, and I only knew a little English that time, making it impossible to have saved these archives. When I thought of this, I often regreted it.
Well, I did make some maps and missions, mostly in my middle school. Maybe I will upload them later. However, I think I can make better maps with these tools (I always want a bitmap tool like that in SS2 editor). So if anyone possess any archives, please upload and share them. I will uplnoad maps in return.
Tank Commander
Fahnenjunker
Fahnenjunker

Beitrag von Tank Commander »

Those downloads have not worked for a long time!
Try contacting astro directly, perhaps you may have some luck.
Antworten

Zurück zu „English Sudden Strike Forum“