HS2: Fusion mega/uber map pack

Offizielles Standalone Addon vom APRM Team / CDV.
Antworten
flamming_python
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

HS2: Fusion mega/uber map pack

Beitrag von flamming_python »

Hi there!/Guten Tag/Bonjour/Konnichiwa!

I'm assembling a single-player map-pack for HS2: Fusion 4.21. Right now it consists of maps for HS2: Fusion, HS2, HS1/APRM, SS2 and SSNM; because maps for all of these mods are compatible with HS2: Fusion; although their playability and balance is affected to various degrees - some might become too difficult or too easy when played in HS2: Fusion, some strange or out of place units might appear (particularly when playing SS2 maps in HS2: Fusion). But by and large, most are perfectly playable with only minor issues.

I'm counting about 519 maps so far.
But I've only tested about 150-200 of them for duplicates. By duplicates I mean those maps that:

a). Have different file names but are actually one and the same map.
b). Are the same map but in different languages with different file names.
c). Are different versions of the same map (e.g. 1.0 and 1.1); without any large-scale, visible changes to the map or mission between versions.
d). Are the same map but for different mods/game versions (e.g. the same map for HS2 and for SS2).

I'm trying to eliminate as many of these duplicates as possible. The way I'm deciding on this is by:

- Favouring english-language maps over non-english language maps.
- When the same map for multiple mods is available I chose the one that's likely to be the most playable - i.e. HS2: Fusion > HS2 > HS1/APRM > SS2 > SSNM & other mods. Except in those cases where an english-language version of the map is available only for a mod lower in the heirarchy; in which case I prefer it instead.
- Later versions (e.g. 1.3) over earlier versions (e.g. 1.1) of the same map, unless the versions visibly differ substantially; in which case I include them both.

I estimate that I'll cut-down another 50-60 maps this way, perhaps more. So my final total for now would be about 450 SP maps, all of them compatible with HS2: Fusion. When I release the map-pack, I'll keep them seperated into different folders; perhaps with some scripts to join them into a central folder and rename them with prefixes (i.e. "(SS2) <mapname", "(HS1) <mapname>", etc...); if that's what the user wants.
I might also keep some of the duplicate maps and allow the user to chose which versions he wants via the scripts.
For example, instead of prefering the english-language versions of maps; the user would be able to indicate his preference for the script to pick Russian/German/French language versions of maps instead.

BTW, the original SS2 campaign is compatible with HS2: Fusion too. All you have to do is replace the CAMPAIGN folder in HS2: Fusion with the one from SS2. I'll include it in the map-pack too.

But hold - there's more! I have no plans to stop at 450 maps. There are many more out there. And many different language versions of the same maps too. Which is where I need YOUR help:

1.) This rar file (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxk5Ll ... sp=sharing) contains all 3 of the official SP map releases from the SS2 developers. However, all 3 map packs take the form of these weird .exe 16-bit installers, that don't work under 64-bit versions of Windows (such as my Windows 7 x64), and that can't be extracted with WinRAR or 7-Zip. These exes create a temporary directory before failing, and its possible to access this directory and the map files; but the map files have not been processed by the installer yet and don't work. I also attempted to extract the exes in Wine under Linux, but to no avail. It seems like SS2 might need to be installed for successful extraction, although I might be wrong.

Long story short, I need someone with a 32-bit version of Windows to extract these maps, put them into an archive and send it to me, or put it up for download here.

2). The fabled Chinese map pack of 307 SS2 SP maps.. it can be found right here: http://hs2-gameboy.haotui.com/viewthrea ... ra=&page=1
Unfortunately, the download links are dead or seem to be dead. I've looked through the thread but couldn't find any new links to the files. Also, the downloads haven't been saved by the Way Back Machine (https://archive.org/); before anyone decides to check.
I don't suppose anyone here has those archives or maps.. do they?

3). I need the english-language versions of the SS2 Total Victory maps. Right now I only have the German and Russian versions. Anyone have 'em?

4). I want the SP maps from the original HS1 release; I remember I used to own it on CD like 10 years ago; it came with a bunch of SP maps. I think most of them have since been redone for HS2/HS3/whatever, but I would like to make sure, maybe there are a few that have been lost to time. Does anyone still have the original HS1 ISO, or the SP maps from that release?

5). I'm particularly interested right now in Russian and Polish language versions of SP maps for SS2/SSNM/HS1/HS2/HS2: Fusion. Any websites or resources, or maps themselves that you have would be welcome.

6). I'm always on the look-out for more maps. I think I got the SS2, HS2, HS2: Fusion maps in the bag but I'm pretty short on maps for HS1/APRM and SSNM. Again, any web resources or the maps themselves would be welcome.

7). I suspect that SP maps for other, mostly older SS2 mods - are compatible with HS2: Fusion too. I'll soon investigate the SP maps for the early versions of RWM. Anyone know anything else?

legend:
SS2: Sudden Strike 2 (vanilla version)
HS2: Hidden Stroke 2
HS1/APRM: Hidden Stroke 1 or Allied Power Resource Mod
SSNM: Sudden Strike Network Mod
Tank Commander
Fahnenjunker
Fahnenjunker

Re: HS2: Fusion mega/uber map pack

Beitrag von Tank Commander »

Hello flamming_python, have you checked out Pet Hauptmann's Fanpage (http://suddenstrike.forumprofi.de/index.php). He has a SS2 single player mappack which contains many maps listed on that Chinese website you mention. :)
Zuletzt geändert von Tank Commander am 19.10.2014, 17:24, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
flamming_python
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Tank Commander hat geschrieben:Hello flamming_python, have you checked out Pet Hauptmann's Fanpage (http://suddenstrike.forumprofi.de/index.php). He has a SS2 single player mappack which contains many maps listed on that Chinese website you mention. :)
Ah, excellent, didn't know about that resource. Thank you very much for the support military18
Markus1987
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von Markus1987 »

Hello flamming python.

I have a second Pc with 32 bit Windows XP.

i can extract the mappacks and pack and upload for you.

Greetings markus
flamming_python
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Markus1987 hat geschrieben:Hello flamming python.

I have a second Pc with 32 bit Windows XP.

i can extract the mappacks and pack and upload for you.

Greetings markus
I would be highly grateful :)
Tank Commander
Fahnenjunker
Fahnenjunker

Beitrag von Tank Commander »

flamming_python, please check your PM. :aaa6
flamming_python
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Tank Commander hat geschrieben:flamming_python, please check your PM. :aaa6
Dankeschön!

That's one less problem for me now.

Quick update on the map-pack - I've filled out details on some 133 maps so far into my database; about 300-400 left to go by my count :D

I'm composing an XML database of all the SP maps I can find, and I'll make a Java-based installer/map-manager program to go along with it; to handle all these complex operations and hierarchies. It's gonna be good! military11

I'd like to think that +90-95% of all the SP maps anyone's ever heard of for SS2 and HS2/HS2:Fusion are sitting on my HD now, with a few exceptions such as the English versions of the Total Victory maps, and the SP maps that came packaged with the original Hidden Stroke 1 release. But categorizing them and filling out their details for the DB is taking a long time. I reckon it will be another 3 weeks or so before I'm done. And then there's the program to code too.

For each map in my DB there are details on everything - mod (if any), map-version, language, author, tileset, size, nations and on which side, map-type (general, historical, mini-game), historical operation/battle (if any) and a bunch of other things.
It's all being done very intelligently, so that variants of the same map but different versions, or ones adapted for different mods, or translated into different languages - are all grouped together and counted as the same map - the idea will be to allow the user to select between them or to automatically select the variant based on the users mod & language preferences.
Cl3arSky

Beitrag von Cl3arSky »

So what happened man? You gave up? Can you upload what you've made so far? I know this is an old thread but.. worth a try.
sudden

Beitrag von sudden »

www.arena-sudden.com
new site with chatroom -you can join
fufu814
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Beitrag von fufu814 »

maphack links above all unavailable

plz somebody re upload them