rashidudin
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Known bugs in VP

Beitrag von rashidudin »

Here we will collect bug reports.

- US F5 Tiger name is wrong
- LCPL hots are wrong
- NV AT-gunner doesn`t pierce APC-s (btr 60)
- 2x57mm AA Sparka destroys bunkers easy
- The names of the PT-76 and the Type 63 amphibious tank have been interchanged.
- The BTR 40 AA vehicle has also a wrong description regarding the armament.
Zuletzt geändert von rashidudin am 19.09.2016, 16:28, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Arnold
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Re: Known bugs in VP

Beitrag von Arnold »

Hi guys!

This mod looks really great and like with Combos mod I'm amazed by the variety of units and soldiers.

Some minor things:
- When creating a map and mission these will be saved, but later on I can't find them in the folder, when coming over the Explorer. Probably it's a problem of my old Windows 7.
- The names of the PT-76 and the Type 63 amphibious tank have been interchanged.
- The BTR 40 AA vehicle has also a wrong description regarding the armament.

Overall I think that the hitting power of the Sheridan tank and the LVTH with its 105mm howitzer is a bit overoptimistic. The Sheridan had quite its punch, but this weapon was prone to defects and malfunctions.

Kind regards
8)
rashidudin
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von rashidudin »

Thanks for your replay.
I hope soon I will make here another anons about our new modern mod with same quality :)

I think, the saving problem is from your PC. I have no problem to save or to load maps.
As for the unit names - this is due to the english translation. We will fix It in the next versions.
100mm tank howlitzers are very hard, I agree. We must discuss It with Junkers.
Arnold
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von Arnold »

No bugs, but some recommendations:

I would put MGs to the ANZAC M113 FSV and to the Ontos. The former one had a coaxial MG and the latter normally had fixed mounted and used them to good effect.

I already mentioned the punch of the Sheridan: The Sheridans in Vietnam lacked the AT-rockets, so its normal AT ability should be reducced to a 155mm high explosive piece. I would also reduce the rate of fire to 1-2 shots per minute.

It's a new impression, how easy heavy MGs (0.5 inch) could penetrate lightly armored vehicles. I consider, that this is correct, but I would recommend to increase the frontal armor for example of the M-113, Ontos, BTR, so that they will be saved against these weapons, because of the slopped and partly thicker armor there. This will enhance the tactical possibilities as well.

Apart from this: Great job!
8)
Arnold
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von Arnold »

After gaining more experience with your great mod, I again would like to recommend some minor improvements to enhance the realism and the tactical opportunities of this game:

I think that overall, the capability of HE artillery and especially mortars against well armored vehicles is too strong. They are shooting quite precise and a M48 or a T54 will be cleared of its crew after tree to four hits from an 81mm mortar. This doesn't reflect the ability of these vehicles to take punishment.

As said in the previous post, I think that it will be an advantage, to improve especially the frontal armor of the APCs like the M113, BTR etc. I have understood, that your aim is, that the crew of armored vehicles like the M113, which will be exposed to enemy fire when fighting, should be vulnerable too. And its 20mm armor of aluminium for example is indeed not a big thing. On the other hand, the current configuration leads to the situation, that an enemy Squad is capable to kill the crew with few rounds of small arms fire, what also doesn't reflect the historical situation especially for the ACAVs. I would enhance their protection in a similar way like the ANZAC M113 with its T50 turret. Without such a change the ACAV will be virtually useless, what is in strong contrast to historical facts. All APCs of that time had their armor to protect from rifle caliber rounds and were also save against heavy MGs in an frontal engagement.

The M113 with the flame thrower should also get a MG like the ANZAC M113 FSV; both had one in their turrets.

I haven't understood, why the M48 with its mine roller doesn't have a gun. I would appreciate to use this vehicle as a M728 Combat Engineer Vehicle with a short 165mm demolition gun.

My personal opinion regarding the range of view is identical in nearly every mod: I think, a tank or similar weapon should get the chance, to look as far as their weapon is able to shoot directly. This may be only via a narrow slot, but the telescopic sights of modern (as well as WWII) tanks is/was able to do this.

These are only minor things and I've learned, that it will be essential, to use as few units as possible in Vietnam to keep realism high. But I think, that such small modifications would be helpful to offer the player and the mapper a great opportunity to use the wide variety of weapons to best effect.

Kind regards
8)
rashidudin
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von rashidudin »

Thank you.
Will take all your proposals into consideration.
Arnold
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von Arnold »

When placing neutral units on a map, they get the ability to view trough "the players eyes". This may be funny as a kind of reconnaissance but is definitely a bug, which should be fixed. I think this is necessary, because the current configuration prevents the use of neutral units as reserve forces for player and enemy to avoid exceeding of the unit-limitation. It also prevents the use of neutral units as civilians.
Kind regards
8)
rashidudin
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von rashidudin »

Maybe you set the same team for the neutral units as for the player. Neutral units must have team #4.
Dateianhänge
3.png
3.png (38.48 KiB) 10927 mal betrachtet
Arnold
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von Arnold »

Thanks for your advice. Indeed, it was my mistake.

Mission is in progress and the civilians are running again over the map.

Kind regards
8)
Arnold
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von Arnold »

In my first mission I observed that the building 357 cannot be manned.

Kind regards
8)
Arnold
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von Arnold »

No bug, but a supplement to my comment regarding the protection of the APCs:

As already said, the US APCs of the M113 series are too vulnerable to rifle caliber fire. Their 20mm Aluminium armor is more than adequate to protect from these weapons as well as from splinter damage. When examining the normal "turret armor" o the ACAV vehicle it is nearly impossible to injure the commander, when fighting in his cupola. So it seems to be a bit overoptimistic, that nearly all M113 crews and riding infantry are shot out like in a softskin vehicle.

Against this all Soviet and Chinese made APCs of your mod like BTR 40, 50, K-63 etc. are protected against mentioned weapons, what virtually makes no sense in this combination, because of their armor between 6 to 13mm as well as their light and heavy MGs without any shields or similar protection. So normally you should reverse this configuration, what I suppose - my Russian friends - is not easy :D, but you will enhance gameplay of this good mod to a more realistic level. Especially the ACAV was oft used as a light tank by US and ARVN-forces to good effect. And I think , that there are enough weapons in VC-arsenal to deal with this "threat".

Kind regards
8)
Arnold
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von Arnold »

Enemy mortar troops as part of the heavy infantry don't open fire on player units.

Kind regards
8)
Arnold
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von Arnold »

You can't man the sandsack-bunker House No. 613.

When reloading the US heavy 0.5 Browning MG, you need an extraordinary amount of ammunition (100pts per round).

I like the fuel load of the M48 Patton, but I think it has not been planned in this way.

Kind regards
8)
Arnold
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von Arnold »

The ZSU-57 not only destroys bunkers with ease, it also penetrates the armor of Main Battle Tanks with only a few shots. I consider this as a bit overoptimistic.

Kind regards
8)
rashidudin
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von rashidudin »

Yep, I know.
Also there is very important bug vith VP`s bridges: the mission can crush if there are bridges on the map.

But recently I work on our new modern mod, so I have no time to deal with VP`s bugs.
Antworten

Zurück zu „Vietnam Project“