SS RW Standalone Mod.

Moderator: combo

Boli
Fahnenjunker
Fahnenjunker

Re: Belgorod area, 1943

Beitrag von Boli »

Hi Sherman, Hi neveux

The german defence positions are so week from the very first beginning. If I had been the russians I had attacked massive along the westside of the river from north and south, so the german troops west of the river had been cut off in minutes. Of course you see more when you are distributed among the map, but when you look at every single defending position even in Belgorod itself you have too less troops at every position to be able to hold up resistance at every defending position and when one position breaks down the others are not far away from collapse. I see the chance of defending to pull back the artillery, rocket launchers first back to Belgorod close to the train station. Then concentrating the Anti Air canons into town even to be better able to shot down the IL - 2 and to better protect the town defending positions and of course the artillery from air attacks. So step by step pull back to the middle bridge to Belgorod, reinforce mainly the trenches right of this bridge to hold back attacks from north that come on the right side of the river, also strong the defence of the bridge itself and last but not least reinforce the southern bridge to Belgorod. With this conditions you can defend much easier because you can seperate your artillery in two groups that from now on shot in front of the named defending positions. Another advice for you Sherman. You was often shooting with your artillery on forward moving russian troops. When you do that you better shot into area into that the enemy troops are going to move in. So about 3 centimetres in front of the Enemy you will hit more Enemy troops. Or you wait until the enemy has fighting contact with the defending troops in the trenches. Then the Enemy troops stop moving and only shot so long there are defenders in the trenches. Even then you have a better hit ratio.
So when you have time please try again and put the video into Youtube. Before you do that take a look on the map from neveux over my treat where you can see that without retreating your troops back to Belgorod you have to defend the enemy at 6 Positions including 2 Positions directly in front of Belgorod city. The town of Belgorod (A) "must be held for all costs" right? So your choice should be clear. When you pull back much troops as possible (Count your trucks and all your useable halftrucks to pull canons and artillery from the very first moment) to Belgorod you only have to defend 2 to 3 Positions and so you can concentrate your artillery fire there and you have a better chance to survive until the Tigers and fresh troops will arrive. So you can also better supply with your Supply trucks even soldiers in the trenches. When you have medics send them into the trenches to heal wounded soldiers.

After that I would try fast as possible to conquer the northern bridge to easier holding back any attacks over that bridge. With that you would controll the whole area east of the river. I do not know that you have to conquer the whole map after reinforcements arrive. Will be a matter of your new orders then.

From the first moment I have seen the german troops west of the river it looked to me like a Pocket that can easily be cut off and destroyed with constant attacks.

Greets Boli

P.s. Will try it myself later after the official Release of this superb Mod
Sherman
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Re: nevux - Belgorod area, 1943

Beitrag von Sherman »

When will the new version? :roll:
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

I succesfully defended the city against the Soviet offensive and am now recapturing Belgorod!
Dateianhänge
1.jpg
1.jpg (1.18 MiB) 5891 mal betrachtet
2.jpg
2.jpg (1.07 MiB) 5891 mal betrachtet
uwe72dd
Major
Major

Beitrag von uwe72dd »

:D top
Suche Infos zur Beobachtungsabteilung 15 und Füsilierbattailon der 253. ID

Gruß Uwe
Ente
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Beitrag von Ente »

Hallo,

nachdem ich alle Angriffe abwehren konnte, bin ich zum Gegenangriff auf die am Kartenrand gelegenen Dörfer (E und F) übergegangen.
Deren Eroberung war sehr leicht. Die Panzer dort haben sich größtenteils nicht am Kampf beteiligt, einige der Infanteristen auch nicht.

Ich denke, das ist so nicht vorgesehen.

Gegen meine Tiger hatte der Russe dort auch keine Chance.

Gruß Ente
Antworten

Zurück zu „World at War Mod“