Operation Frühlingserwachen

Lasst hier eure RWM Maps von der Community testen !
-gehtnix-
Oberst (Moderator)
Oberst (Moderator)

Re: Operation Frühlingserwachen

Beitrag von -gehtnix- »

Ente hat geschrieben: ich bin ebenfalls bis zur Kreuzung vorgestoßen.
Bisher finde ich die Karte spannend und anspruchsvoll.
Hallo Ente
Könntest du bei Gelegenheit wiedergeben wie weit du kommst bis du aufgerieben wirst? :wink: (wenn ich auch noch länger keine Zeit zum spielen finden werde)
Gruß Gehtnix
thomz
Schütze
Schütze

Beitrag von thomz »

Hi Nevux,

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful scenario with us! I've been playing it all night!

The map design is excellent, but the mission - IMHO - is hardly winnable. After countless offensives, counter-offensives and street fighting, I have lost all my mechanized units and ended up stuck at my initial position, with one Jagdtiger, two Panthers and two PzIV supported by the three .88 to survive against soviet waves.

All my grenadiers are dead and my last-standing infantry is made off my trucks' crews... I'm hopelessly defending my base against the Reds; the enemy apparently has endless reinforcements in men and armour, but I don't... sigh.

A few comments,

1/ Did you omit to give us any fuel supply? I lost my Tiger one after another, since they ran out of petrol travelling between the two bridges to counter-attack...

2/ As I try to capture the enemy's guns, they systematically blow up, like if they were trapped or something... Very annoying, as it turns impossible to defend the city without the captured artillery units.

3/ I've played the mission twice, and do not figure how to hold the town in the east and the crossroad in the south at the same time... Both are always under attack! Are we supposed to blow up the bridges to prevent the Reds to cross the river?

Thanks!
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Hi Thomz

Thanks for playing the map and commenting!

Enemy attacks have been greatly reduced in the upcoming version of the map. The persistent counterattacks in the version you have been playing make it virtually impossible to advance. In playing this new version I have won the game twice so i consider it to be winnable, although still very difficult.

About your comments:

1) I don't get how your tanks run out fuel as I implemented a script that is supposed to keep fuel levels at a minimum of 20% for all vehicles. I have to look into this particular issue.

2) most of the guns have been rigged to prevent capture. This is not the case for all guns though. Most emplacements or defensive lines contain at least 1 gun that is cappable.

3) Blowing up the bridges is not possible as they are composed of vertical objects. Both bridges are to be captured and held to the win the mission, in conjunction with the other objectives as specified in the mission discription. While impossible in the current version, defending the territory south of the river will be much easier in the upcoming release.
Ente
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Beitrag von Ente »

Hallo,

die Mission habe ich nicht weiter vorgesetzt.

Das hat mehrere Gründe:
Zum einen werde ich mittelfristig ein starkes Munitionsproblem bekommen. Sowohl die schweren Panzer als auch die Nebelwerfer verbrauchen sehr viel Munition.
Zum zweiten nerven mich die stetigen Gegenangriffe. Ich liebe Überraschungen, allerdings erfolgen in dieser Mission die Angriffe sehr schnell aufeinander, so dass es mir kaum möglich ist, meine Einheiten umzugruppieren, was auch daran liegt, dass der Raum zum Manövrieren sehr eng ist.

Vielleicht ist mein Stil zu spielen lediglich ein anderer, aber mir gefällt es, wenn auf Phasen der Hektik wieder Phasen der Ruhe folgen.

Als besonders gelungen empfinde ich die versteckten Pak-Stellungen. Das habe ich in dieser Form bisher noch nicht gesehen. Hut ab!

Gruß Ente
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Zuletzt geändert von nevux am 05.02.2014, 21:11, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

So..what do you guys think of the mission difficulty this time? I've had varying outcomes myself, partially depending on the type of reinforcements.
Privat Joe
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von Privat Joe »

....Game in Map / RWM 6.8....cant start....dont find " Fruehlingserwachen " Map !!!!!! ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Solutin ????
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

You need RWM 8.0 for sudden strike resource war (SSRW) BETA 2 for this map. download. It's stand-alone so don't need a legit copy of sudden strike resource war for this to work.
RT
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Beitrag von RT »

Hi Nevux....

Nice work on the update..I gave up on the original. Too many Russian attacks.

Is there a particular order for capturing the objectives? I'm not familiar with the names of the villages. I assume I go east to the crossroad, then take the village and the bridge, then take the second bridge and then the city to the west. After clearing the south side of the river then cross to new surprises. Is that what I should be doing? lol...Your map is great but do the Russian attacks ever end?

Thanks for response and any hints.\\RT
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

RT hat geschrieben:Hi Nevux....

Nice work on the update..I gave up on the original. Too many Russian attacks.

Is there a particular order for capturing the objectives? I'm not familiar with the names of the villages. I assume I go east to the crossroad, then take the village and the bridge, then take the second bridge and then the city to the west. After clearing the south side of the river then cross to new surprises. Is that what I should be doing? lol...Your map is great but do the Russian attacks ever end?

Thanks for response and any hints.\\RT
Is there a particular order for capturing the objectives?
No. Objectives are independent and can be captured in any order. I usually first capture the southern town and bridge and then expand my territory to the north.
I'm not familiar with the names of the villages.
I'm not sure if anyone will be interested but I'm currently working on a post-final (:)) that adds some more clearity to the objectives and game mechanics.
Is that what I should be doing?
All that 'should' be done is capture all objectives :) How to do this is entirely up to the player.
Your map is great but do the Russian attacks ever end?
No. Once the enemy has mobilized it's troops for the counteroffensive they will continue to engange your forces. After every wave, the enemy needs some time to prepare another attack so there will be 'quiet' intervals for you to attempt a breakthrough.
any hints
Bridges act as funnels and make for excellent defensive positions ;)

gr

Nevux
RT
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Beitrag von RT »

Hi Nevux......

Thanks for your response. I'm having fun with your map/mission. :D

The "hidden" pak at crossroad is handy as offensive weapon. lol. Great idea!

You have a lot of talent :D Are you planning any 512 maps?

I have an idea for a 512 map (fictional) and a partial map with opening scenario. If you give me an email, I will send you the file. The opening gives the overall idea of the mission. (create a new google email if you like so you don't get spammed).

Send me your email to: arjayfender@gmail.com

Thanks,RT
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Hey RT,

It's good to hear you are enjoying the map! I actually have been working on a 512 (Landsknecht) before but have put this project on hold in favor of fruhlingserwachen. I do have the intention to continue with it at some point though. The map itself is done but the script isn't very good in its present state and will need to be reworked quite a lot.

Please send your map to nevux@hotmail.com or just send it to me in a pm (private message) on this board so I can have a look!

gr,

Nevux
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

nevux hat geschrieben:Hey RT,

It's good to hear you are enjoying the map! I actually have been working on a 512 (Landsknecht) before but have put this project on hold in favor of fruhlingserwachen. I do have the intention to continue with it at some point though. The map itself is done but the script isn't very good in its present state and will need to be reworked quite a lot.

My ultimate goal is to release a mappack of all reworked, 8.0 conversions of sp-maps I have previously released on this board including: Stavelot, Battle for the Reichstag, Courland bridgehead, third battle of Kharkov, Seelow heights, Operation Landsknecht and a slighly reworked version of Fruhlingserwachen.

Please send your map to nevux@hotmail.com or just send it to me in a pm (private message) on this board so I can have a look!

gr,

Nevux
RT
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Beitrag von RT »

NEVUx....email on the way

RT
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

A final, final, final, final, final version of this map will be released shortly.

No significant changes to the script were made other then a reduction in the frequency of enemy attacks, making it a lot more playable. Mission has been tested and is fully functional.
Antworten

Zurück zu „Map-Testbereich / Map-Test-Area (RWM Maps)“