Wesel counter attack (512^2)

Lasst hier eure RWM Maps von der Community testen !
Antworten
IvanSunja
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Re: Wesel counter attack (512^2)

Beitrag von IvanSunja »

Thomz, you have to improve, and not to stand in defending the city!
You will not have ammunition if you continue to wait in!
You must attack and occupy goals! Nevux is all well explained.
thomz
Schütze
Schütze

Beitrag von thomz »

Well, so did I. But to be honest I find that being under constant attack by waves of enemies is boring in the end. :(

I like the scripting on a map such as Operation Konrad or The Rundstedt Offensive much more enjoyable.
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

The enemy doesn't attack constantly. The game offers enough opportunity to advance and make life easier by capturing strategic locations.

The game is set in late march 1945. Don't expect things to be easy when fighting with a crippled army :)

If you prefer to play easily winnable steam-roller maps where you crush the enemy with 2131 Tiger II tanks, you're probably better off skipping all of my stuff.

The success of this mission depends on speed and acquisition of resources, as a similar scenario in reality would have.
thomz
Schütze
Schütze

Beitrag von thomz »

Sorry Nevux, I meant no disrespect nor lack of appreciation for your work. I play all your maps, as you know it ;-) I just thought a honest feedback would be interesting.

I enjoy super-high difficulty (and believe me I'd rather have a few damaged Stugs than thousands of Tigers), but here my feeling is that every five minutes we're stormed by two columns of 80 soldiers/4-5 tanks, either by the north or by the west. It's like a script that repeats indefinitely.

Perhaps larger but more occasional waves would be preferable?

I really like the map design by the way, as well as the context (crippled army, lack of supplies, etc.)
Zuletzt geändert von thomz am 19.12.2014, 14:59, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

woah.. every 5 mins (figuratively speaking) tells me something's wrong. Attacks are supposed to have reasonable intervals ranging from 45 to 120 minutes.

I'll have a look at it.

gr,

nevux
thomz
Schütze
Schütze

Beitrag von thomz »

Awesome! Thank you.
thomz
Schütze
Schütze

Beitrag von thomz »

So I finally broke out my position and went on the offensive.

Bild

One stronghold established "in the north" : the two bridges nearby are destroyed. The 88's are doing a wonderful job as they destroy the enemy squads on the other on the other bank...

Bild

One stronghold near the factory. An additional 76mm AT cannon is on its way.

Bild

I have divided the leftovers of my army in two panzegrupps. In between, a bit backwards, an AA mobile battery.

Bild

I have no more infantry, and still no reinforcements. I still have an artillery group in reserve...

Bild

And a few drivers in a sturm battalion!

It's a great map : speed of execution is essential. Stress on fuel and supplies makes the challenge very interesting!

What's next?
IvanSunja
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von IvanSunja »

You better start from the beginning! If you keep these units to go away, you have no chance, believe me! :D
IvanSunja
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von IvanSunja »

Everything is nicely explained here download/file.php?id=6143
thomz
Schütze
Schütze

Beitrag von thomz »

Well, I've taken my chance nonetheless, and launched an attack on the factory. A strong tank force + five 88 + three AT76mm + all my infantry combined (truck drivers included) enabled me to repel two counter-attacks.

Bild

I then received a large kampfgruppe as reinforcements, which I immediately dispatched north to seize the first bridge with minimal casualties (no tanks lost).

Bild

Here's the situation now. South flank is undefended. I hope the enemy won't attack there as it used to do before. Stress on fuel and supplies is maximal.

Bild

I withdraw anything negative I could have written about this map. It is good, very good - yet intensely challenging.
IvanSunja
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von IvanSunja »

Untitled.png
Untitled.png (876.22 KiB) 11667 mal betrachtet
thomz
Schütze
Schütze

Beitrag von thomz »

I blew up the bridge and seized the supply site further west (my tanks were exhausted - badly damaged and shooting their last shells.) Good opportunity to capture two Shermans. The men on the upper right corner of the screenshot are my last men remaining in this kampfgruppe.

Bild

I have repelled an attack on the bridgehead using these panzers (dispatching them in emergency), but have then used all the gasoline available running back and forth. I can't attack the second bridge now!

Bild

I still control the factory. With the supplies, my 88's are now firmly entrenched.

Bild

I have very little infantry still alive. I'll try to assemble a small gruppe (at least +150 of gas per tank) and storm the bridge.

Challenging, very challenging...
IvanSunja
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von IvanSunja »

Untitled.png
Untitled.png (1.35 MiB) 11641 mal betrachtet
IvanSunja
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von IvanSunja »

You better start from the beginning of this mission, it will be easier for you, trust me.
Do not move for all the tanks, used for certain forces which will attack.
You have to you to save all the ammunition and fuel, you'll need it.
Tactics is the most important thing here! This is the Best Strategic map for RWM 8.0 and very challenging. military8
Ente
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Beitrag von Ente »

Hallo,

um Öl zu sparen:

Panzer fahren nur in die Richtung, in der sie auch operieren sollen. Deswegen habe ich mich zu Beginn entschieden, welche Kampfgruppen ich bilden möchte.
Das vermeidet sinnloses Umherfahren.

LKW lade ich nicht mit Treibstof auf. Bleiben sie stehen, nehme ich einen anderen. Die Infanterie kann laufen.

Gruß Ente
Antworten

Zurück zu „Map-Testbereich / Map-Test-Area (RWM Maps)“