Strachwitz offensive

Lasst hier eure RWM Maps von der Community testen !
Dendro
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Re: Strachwitz offensive

Beitrag von Dendro »

Yep, its a script error. It seems you have forgotten to fill some parameter to a blacnk <<*>> in a script line. ;)
Hier gilt es, Schütze, deine Kunst zu zeigen.
Das Ziel ist würdig und der Preis ist groß.
- aus F. Schillers "Wilhelm Tell"
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Thanks Dendro.. I fixed it already..

Bitmap of finished map:

Bild

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I started working on a script about a month ago.. at present a number of objectives have been written and tested. It's hard to tell how many there will be eventually since i sorta work with an on-the-go approach..
Madmax223
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Beitrag von Madmax223 »

The landscape looks amazing - as always at your maps :D
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Hi all,

In the attachment you will find a sneak preview to the Strachwitz offensive sp-mission, including the first five objectives of the mission..

Please note that it's a pre-alpha release as it represents only a fraction of the game.

I hope you will enjoy it.

If you have any comments, ideas or feedback of any kind, please don't hold back.
Dateianhänge
strachwitz offensive.rar
(782.77 KiB) 746-mal heruntergeladen
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Any thoughts yet?
Epic84
Obergefreiter
Obergefreiter

Beitrag von Epic84 »

hi nevux!
i download the map! and watch it tomorrow! then i give u a feedback
Epic84
Obergefreiter
Obergefreiter

Beitrag von Epic84 »

Hi Nevux!

my feedback!

The map looks like really nice! good work!

the start is very hard for me!I can indeed hold the position but with large losses

I've done the mission is the gain that is equal shot at i lose a lot of units!

The Russian position is a bit too strong!especially the armor!The artillery is also very annoying!I lose a lot of units because I have no place where the artillery does not shoot out!!I have to come too little ammunition and no pioneers!I have units for the breakthrough to the train station too little! thats my first feedback! It is very demanding, but for me too hard!!

if you know these things a little better this would certainly be beneficial!

sorry my english is little bad, I hope I could help you!
Madmax223
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Beitrag von Madmax223 »

I finally made it to the train station by using the Stuka's and the artillery wisely. I captured about 7 AA and 5-6 AT guns and am now preparing my defensive position in anticipation of the russian counter attack.

10/10 for the map's style

9/10 for the mission: as epic said: too much russian artillery / no defense-advantage for our troops at the train station and due to this high losses
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Thanks for your efforts, Epic and Max, I really appreciate it.

I admit this mission isn't easy.. I intended it to be a true challenge. The problem is that it's hard to me to find the right balance between enemy and player strenghts.
Then there are the trenches.. Player to enemy ratio's were calibrated based on trenches. The degree of protection offered by trenches surpasses that of any other building. where the player can choose to use specific units to assault trenches too avoid too many losses.. like mortars, artillery, air support or large caliber assault guns like the Brummbar.. the enemy does not have this ability and will simply attack, sometimes directing all fire at a single rifleman left inside the trench.

Epic:

''The Russian position is a bit too strong!especially the armor!''

You mean the su-122 defending the first position encountered on the way to Auvere station?

Edit:

If you prefer so, please write your reply in German.
Epic84
Obergefreiter
Obergefreiter

Beitrag von Epic84 »

@ nevux

if you understand my english then it's okay ;)

Yes i mean the russian tanks! the SU-122 its really hard under artillery fire and fight with the russians tanks.

I know what you mean it is difficult to make the AI ​​demanding but it is really very difficult under artillery fire and high loss would be good if you would even better.
Ente
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Beitrag von Ente »

Hello Nevux,

many thanks for this map. I like it very much.

Some ideas to make it less difficult:

1. There is only Lieutenant. I need him to spotting the AA. But the Artillery is very accurate and I have lost a lot of sergeants. Three Lieutenants are better – one for tanks, one for artillery and one for infantry.
2. SU-85 with about 800/1000 experience is a hard match. With some lower experience it is less difficult.
3. There are three german anti-tank-soldiers. With two or three in addition it is even less difficult.
4. I can't see any suppliers, so I can't repair my tanks. Hits on my tanks are mostly total losses because I can't repair them.
5. What about a small hint in the description about how many planes I have to use to capture the train-station? Actually I don't know if I need them for the whole map.
6. Two or three tanks more for the German so the player can bear heavy losses. The german tanks aren't really a challenge for the Russian. A Marder under accurate artillery-fire is just a joke. :aaa6

With two or three of these ideas people can play this map in a flow with a true challenge.

Greetings
Ente
Ente
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Beitrag von Ente »

Hallo,

ah, Nevux kann Deutsch lesen. Das hatte ich übersehen... :D

Also, ich habe weitergezockt und bin jetzt an der Stelle, wo der Zug in den Bahnhof einfährt.

Bis hierhin habe ich folgendes beobachtet:

Der Deutsche hat weniger Einheiten als der Russe.
Der Deutsche hat schwächere Einheiten als der Russe.
Der Russe sitzt in Unterständen und Gräben sowie auf Höhen und im Wald.
Eigene Flugzeuge werden durch die gut platzierte Flak laufend abgeschossen.
Um die Flak zu erkennen und indirekt durch Artilleriebeschuss zu erledigen, fehlen weitere Leutnants.
Die eigene Munition ist ausreichend, wenn man Leutnants besitzt. Fällt der einzige Leutnant schon in den ersten Minuten, wie bei mir geschehen, kann die feindliche Flak nicht zielgenau beschossen werden. Um dann aber in den Fog of War zu schießen, fehlt wiederum weitere Munition, da die Schüsse hier häufig daneben gehen.
Das Terrain erschwert Sturmangriffe. Panzer können nur wenige Felder weit gerade fahren. Gerade für Sturmgeschütze ist das fatal, da diese beim Rangieren nicht schießen können.
Die fremde Artillerie scheint zudem gut versteckt. Bisher habe ich sie nicht gesehen. Gehört habe ich sie. Aber es erscheint mir nicht ertragreich, an der vermuteten Stelle nachzusehen. Dazu fehlen mir einfach die Truppen/Flieger.

Ich habe das Spiel mindestens 30 Mal laden müssen, um den Bahnhof zu erreichen, kein Scherz. Und ich dachte, ich hätte Ahnung von Sudden Strike... :lol:

Demzufolge denke ich, dass mit zwei, drei Verbesserungen zugunsten des Deutschen (wie im letzten Beitrag beschrieben) die Sache auch ohne Nachladen gut über die Bühne geht. Die Verluste werden weiterhin sehr hoch sein.
Dazu muss der Deutsche aber erstmal über Einheiten verfügen, die man überhaupt verlieren kann. Beim ersten Anlauf habe ich im Gefecht mit den zwei russischen Panzern drei eigene verloren. Wenn ich die Panzer vergleiche, so ist das im Prinzip keine schlechte Sache für mich gewesen. Wenn dann aber ein weiterer Panzer bereits vor dem ersten Graben das Zeitliche segnet und der nächste duch Artilleriebeschuss in den gelben und später in den roten Bereich geht und mir nur noch ein Marder bleibt, um drei hintereinandergestaffelte Stellungen zu überwinden, dann bin ich ratlos...

Viel Spaß beim weiteren Basteln an der Karte.

Gruß Ente
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Many thanks for the elaborate feedback Ente!

Do I understand correctly that you managed to reach the train station using just the units you received in the first wave of reinforcements? If so.. bravo. Actually.. and i think you havent noticed on the account of restarting before reaching the threshold number..you will receive 2 additional waves of reinforcements on the way when numbers are running low.
Ente
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Beitrag von Ente »

Hallo Nevux,

der Angriff auf die von mir eroberten Stellungen ist sehr stark. Ich habe dabei sieben Panzer verloren. Der Schlüssel zum Sieg in diesem Gefecht scheint in den eroberten Gräben zu liegen, von denen ich leider einige zerstört hatte. Weitere wurden durch Bomben der gegnerischen Flieger zerstört. Somit fielen die Verluste auf meiner Seite sehr hoch aus.

Die Besatzung meiner beiden schweren Geschütze und der dazugehörigen LKW ist weg. Ist das ein Skript gewesen oder habe ich da nicht aufgepasst und ein Scharfschütze hat sie abgeschossen?

Weitere zugeführte Infanterie, die anschließend bei der Bahnstation erscheint, ist in Teilen neutral. Ist das gewollt?

Den Hügel im Wald habe ich erobert.

Bis hierhin hat die Karte mir sehr viel Spaß bereitet. Ich finde, dass sie gut und stimmungsvoll gezeichnet ist. Die Einheitenauswahl ist sehr gut und die Relationen zueinander ebenso. Die Mission ist anspruchsvoll - so sollte es sein.

Ich freue mich auf das fertige Ergebnis. :D

Gruß Ente
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Hi Ente! Once again, thanks for your feedback!

It's good to hear you have been enjoying the map so far!

The strenght of the enemy counter attack was 'calibrated' based on a defense scenario involving conquered enemy trenches...correct. Bravo for figuring this out!

The crew gone missing is no scripted event.. either they found a case of Schnaps in the LKW, got drunk and wandered off or were indeed shot by a Soviet marksman... the wilderness is rife with hawk-eyed Ivans.

The allied troops sent to Auvere station are intended as a stationary defense force.

It will take me a while to finish the map but I can definately say that considerable progress was made since the release of the 'demo'.

gr.
Antworten

Zurück zu „Map-Testbereich / Map-Test-Area (RWM Maps)“